Five ways to stay inspired in lockdown! In the world of the lockdown, it can be easy to slump on the sofa and get lost in a world of box sets.
However, when the pandemic has slowed down and we all return to work, the last thing you want to be is uninspired, bored and slow to get back into the throng of clients, shows and photoshoots.
TONI&GUY international artistic director and head of education, Cos Sakkas, believes staying inspired and excited at home is achievable, even if you are at home by yourself.
“The novelty of being sent home will soon die off,” he says. “There’s only so many days you can watch Netflix, or binge watch box sets before your brain starts to stagnate!
Before you know it, you will be back in the salon, with clients demanding much-needed haircuts and colour, so you need to be ready.
Social media is still going to be talking about trends, celebrities and how to create the look, so clients will be wanting to look better than ever when they come back so you need to be on top of your game.”
Cos’s five ways to keep inspired when you are on lockdown!
- Social media is full of style advice with stylists from around the world hosting their own live tutorials, with everything from haircuts to balayage to bridal hair and extensions. We’re doing regular sessions for hairdressers on colour, cuts, styling and Q&As on our social media platforms, so follow those that you admire and continue learning from your sofa!
- Use your team Whatsapp group to set a question of the week and start a conversation about customer care, retail services, trends and techniques. When you’re away from the pressures of work it can be amazing what you come up with!
- Start a project and research the history of hair and the hairdressing industry. Who trained with who, signature styles and be inspired by your hair hero’s career journey.
- Head to ted.com for inspirational talks and soundbites from all industries that will keep you motivated. Just because we are on lockdown doesn’t mean you have to put a stop to your business and creative knowledge.
- Try something you’ve not done before. Read a book, listen to a podcast, practice a new technique. But above all don’t worry, don’t panic, your hair family will be there for you when we get through this.
TONI&GUY international artistic director and head of education, Cos Sakkas is a long-standing member of the award-winning artistic team.
He has won London Hairdresser of the Year three times and is a member of the Hall of Fame. He is a regular at events, shows and seminars around the world, including London Fashion Week where he is in demand by top fashion designers.
He has been nominated for British Hairdresser of the Year in 2018 and 2019.