Tips for the Perfect Blow-Dry: There is nothing better than walking out of the salon with the perfect blow dry and contrary to what you might think, it is possible to achieve the perfect salon blow-dry in your own home.
Take the advice of ghd ANZ global brand ambassador, Adam Reed and achieve that shiny, bouncy blow-dry at home using the new ghd helios hairdryer.
Adam’s Top Tips:
- For the perfect blow-dry, make sure your hair is about 85% dry before you start styling with your dryer.
- Dry your hair on a low heatsetting and only use the hotter setting for the finishing touches.
- Once you’re done styling, seal the hair using the cool setting for a super-smooth look.
- Don’t be scared of using a large radial brush. Go for a bigger brush and you’ll find that you’ll get a perfect finish and great movement in the hair.
- Many women move the dryer up and down over each section of the hair, or just hold the dryer in one place -that’s wrong! Continually follow the brush with the nozzle of the dryer facing in the direction of the brush – drying from root to tip.
Adam’s five steps to a perfect Blow Dry:
- Prep hair with the ghd root lift spray, starting at the roots and then combing through the ends.
- Next, lightly mist ghd heat protect spray all over the hair – lifting the hair as you go to ensure even coverage.
- Start at the base, using the ghd ceramic vented radial brush, size 4 and move the brush a long the hair, following closely with the ghd helios hairdryer. The nozzle of the dryer should always follow the brush continually, facing the direction of the brush. Go over the same section several times until fully dry and smooth.
- Work from the nape up to the top of the hair, always drying on a medium setting and smoothing each section with a cool blast at the end. Keep your thumb on the cool button, so as you’re drying your thumb is pushing on the cold air to seal the cuticle. This gives amazing shine, longevity in the blow-dry and incredible hold.
- Finally, get rid of flyways. Apply ghd Final Fix hairspray on fingers (never apply hairspray directly onto your hair!) and gently press the hairspray onto the roots using your palms. Start at the parting and then smooth out.
ghd helios ($320 RRP) is available in Plum, Black, Ink Blue, & White, from the finest salons, premium retailers and ghdhair.com/nz
Related Posts: ghd Platinum styler